If you have an iPhone, you have one of the most powerful and incredible digital tools ever. And if you are a dad, you should know that you can use the iPhone, with the right software, to help you in your personal and family responsibilities. Find the best application for your iPhone, why you should have them, and how they can make your job as a father easier.
- Slotz Racer: If you ever raced slot cars as a kid, you will love this game. You can play alone or against other users on the same phone, or compete against friends or family members on their own iPhones. You can customize cars and tracks, select camera views and more.
- Armado: An iPhone game that both you and the kids will love. Direct the adventures of the young armadillo Armado and help him dodge enemies and obstacles along the way. The graphics are cool and the game will keep your child happy in the waiting room or almost anywhere.
- Google Earth for iPhone: Google Earth lets people virtually fly around a 3D view of the world made from satellite and aerial imagery mapped onto the planet’s mountains and valleys. The iPhone version reproduces this core experience, downloading imagery from Google’s servers as the perspective shifts and dotting the map with landmarks, photos, and other information.
Media and Entertainment
- Mobiscope: Mobiscope is a software program for your iPhone that will allow you to watch the output from any webcam connected to the Internet. So you can check in on the kids while you are on a date, or see what is happening at the office when you are away. We really like the flexibility that this program provides for keeping an eye on things via your iPhone.
- DVD2iTunes: DVD2iTunes is an affordable and easy to use DVD and video converter for all video-enabled iPods, iPhone and Apple TV. It converts MOVIE DVDs and TV DVDs as well as video files without the need for any additional software and imports them automatically into iTunes for easy transfer. So if you want to have a copy of the kids at play videos recorded at home, DVD2iTunes will convert them and load them onto your iPhone via iTunes.
- Photogene: Taking digital photos with an iPhone is a commonly used application for dads. Photogene allows you to edit those photos right on the iPhone. Cropping, enhancing, sharpening colors and more can be done right on your phone without having to email and then modify. Very easy to use and intuitive, Photogene will be a favorite app if you are into iPhone photography.
- Slacker Radio: Listen to unlimited free music on your iPhone. The free Slacker Radio App gives you access to the entire Slacker music library featuring millions of songs from thousands of artists. Listen to over 100 expert-programmed radio stations or create your own custom stations directly on the iPhone.
Health and Money
- Health Cubby: This is a great application for tracking your personal fitness and weight loss. You can set weekly and monthly exercise goals and track your progress. But the best part of Health Cubby is the ability to connect with up to seven friends and see their goals and progress toward their goals. It’s like a social network for people working together to improve their fitness. You can even send instant messages the celebrate success or give encouragement.
- Mint.com: The ultimate in financial management software for the iPhone. Register as a user at mint.com and then download the iPhone application, which allows you to check balances, transfer funds, manage your personal budget and investments, and keep track of your finances in real time. This is a very useful application for anyone wanting to get better control of his or her personal finances.