In this Tutorial we will show you how to use multiple desktops to let you separate programs windows into different groups. Microsoft added virtual desktops to Windows 10 for this multi-tasking organization and this is how to set it up:
1. Click the Task View icon in the taskbar. It looks like two overlapping windows. Alternatively, use the Windows+Tab keyboard shortcut to go into Task View.
2. Click the New desktop button in the Task View.
Windows will create an additional virtual desktop you can switch to with the Windows+Tab keyboard shortcut.
You can also drag a window from one desktop to another, and switch to the other desktop with the Windows+Tab keyboard shortcut.
Other shortcuts that will make using multiple virtual desktops easier:
● WIN + CTRL + LEFT/RIGHT: Switch to the previous or next desktop
● WIN + CTRL + D: Create a new desktop
● WIN + CTRL + F4: Close the current desktop
It’s a great way to organize and group files and programs based on when and how you need to use them.